MusicMath 3.0 Adds Pitch and SMPTE Conversion, OS X Support
Laurent Colson has released MusicMath v3.0. Music Math is freeware for Mac OS 9 and OS X that converts music values (BPM, semi-tones, samples, ms, Hz, Timestretch %). This new version adds a "Note" module to convert notes into MIDI values or frequencies (Hz), and also a basic SMPTE calculator. Version 3 also improves Tap Tempo accurracy, Delay's ranges, and adds milliseconds support to the Sample module.
Music-Math features 7 conversion functions:
- Tempo: computes the equivalent duration for original and new tempos
- Transpose: converts semitones to Time Stretching values
- Delay: convert tempo to musical duration (ms) or equivalent frequencies (Hz); i.e., for LFOs rates.
- Tap: Tap in the tempo
- Samples: convert duration (in samples) to tempo or tempo to sample duration.
- Notes: convert MIDI notes to equivalent frequencies (Hz)
- SMPTE: add or substract SMPTE value
MusicMath can be downloaded for free exclusively at MacMusic:
(please, be sure to use these -static- URLs if you'd link to these pages)
MacMusic went live September 29th 1997 and has grown to become a huge community with more than 22.000 members, each with a passion driven by the incredible possibilities that the Macintosh offers to compose, arrange and always push the limits of musical creation.
Every visitor of the site can freely take advantage of many articles, recent news, software updates, drivers, shareware/freeware, links, and extremely dynamic, animated and highly informative user forums where humor verges on professionalism.
MacMusic is, ahead of all things, an open website, one of exchanges where everyone can contribute in order to improve (on a daily basis) the databases and information which make the site so unique and alive!
English Editor-in-Chief, MacMusic.org